I just love the sight of a sleeping baby.
Then again,
What Mother doesn't?
Since Ruby's therapy visit this week her little world has been turned upside down. She has always been a baby that likes to be rocked to sleep. I loved it - in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I love to cuddle her while she is busily dreaming but quickly found out that with 2 other crazy kids running around the house I just didn't have the time to devote to her naps that she needed. So I tried having her cry herself to sleep. I am a big proponent of this method of sleep training and used it with both Sophie and Collin, however Ruby seemed to be different. She would cry for hours without sleeping at all. Then it would be time for her to eat, so I would feed her and we would start all over again. Finally after doing this for several days, I resorted to the swing. She hadn't been a big fan of the swing prior to this but now she loved it and it put her right to sleep. She took all of her naps in the swing, and would start out her night there until she was good and asleep and then I would move her. Well, at her therapy appointment the therapist basically said that she couldn't be in her swing or bouncy seat anymore because when she sat in these devices she would just resort to slumping her head. I knew I was in for it. I am happy to comply, but knew that it was going to be a difficult transition. And it has been. Yesterday the only times she slept were in her car seat when we were out and about. Poor sweet baby. Today has been better. She cried through her first nap, but her second nap she went right to sleep! Yay! I was so happy and proud of her. Her third nap wasn't quite as easy, but she did fall asleep - and all on her own. So today I especially love the sight of a sleeping baby.
1 comment:
I am glad you are stocking me! What a cute little new addition that you have. I love her name. Ruby is such a sweet name. Yes I have quite working again and I LOVE it. I am glad to be a stay at home mom. How are things with you guys?
Post a Comment