Saturday, February 7, 2009

Meet...

Our New Pets

This is SHARK BOY!


And this is Sabrina (I think!)


Sophie has been begging for a fish.  So after doing some chores to earn one, both Sophie and Collin got to go to the fish store with Grandma and pick out their fish.  They have been found peering in their fish bowls all day watching their fish swim around, and telling me constantly that their fish is hungry.  It was fun to see their excitement over earning their new pets and they couldn't wait to get them each into their bowls.  Sophie kept saying "My fish is so excited to be in it's home!"  Too bad now I have to clean out not just one fish bowl, but 2!  UGH!  I totally remember flushing my perfectly healthy goldfish down the toilet just because I didn't want to clean its bowl anymore.  Oh the things I do for my kids!  

4 comments:

Rach said...

How cute. I loved my pet fish when I was a kid, too. :-)

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I remember getting a few goldfish at the farmington fair (or whatever it's called where they have that thing after the parade on July 24th). I was astounded that they were only 50 cents or something. I just couldn't wrap my mind around any living thing being sold for less than 5 bucks.

Then they died shortly, were flushed down the toilet, and I understood their cheap price.

Suz said...

We have a fish too! And it has been around a long time. It has outlived many of its bowlmates and I keep waiting for it to kill over so I no longer have to clean a fish bowl. We did down size the tank so it makes it a tone easier but I still hate it. I need your email. Will you email me at suzawebb@yahoo.com. Thanks

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can't wait to get Owen a pet fish. Then again, yes I can!

Thanks for coming on Sunday. It was really fun to have you there. Thanks for being such wondeful friends and examples to us.