While we haven't been up to anything really exciting lately, life does go on. The days and the weeks pass by so quickly. There doesn't seem to be a day that goes by where Logan and I don't comment on just how blessed we are. Or biggest blessing is our amazing and wonderful children. They light up our lives and give us so much joy. I don't want to forget anything about each and every moment of their little lives, so I thought I would write down an update from the past week or so.
Ruby is still the sweetest most adorable baby ever. She is doing well in her physical therapy and is gaining more neck strength every day. She is also doing much better with sleeping. There are many days now where I lay her down and she doesn't cry at all before she falls asleep. She is consistently sleeping through the night and is beginning to be a lot of fun during the day. She smiles a lot more now (especially for the camera - I think she likes the flash!) and is beginning to make the cutest little babbling noises. Ruby is still treasured and adored by both Sophie and Collin. We all love having her sweet spirit here in our home. {I took some really adorable pictures of Ruby yesterday for her Blessing Announcement. I can't wait to post some, so be looking for them soon!}
Collin has been feeling under the weather this past week. He has been fighting a high fever and cough. After 3 days of this and a fever of 105 we took him into the Kids Care. He had an ear infection along with croup. He has become a little leach - constantly wanting me to hold him or sit on the couch with him. I have enjoyed the time I get to be close with him except for the fact that I am now starting to get his cough. He hates taking his medicine and I have to practically sit on him and shove it down his throat, often times making him choke. Poor guy. I am glad that he is becoming more of himself again. Collin is my little helper and still such a sweet, sensitive little guy. He loves to play with his sisters but is more recently taken an interest in anything boy. After naming all his friends in his nursery class he told me "I no like girls. I like boys!" He always wants to watch a 'boy' movie and play with a toy for 'boys'! He cracks me up. I guess he has had his fill of Princesses and dolls and fairies and pink!! The list could go on and on really!
Sophie is busy with school and doing any sort of crafty project she can dream up. She loves to color, cut, and glue just about anything. She is really into taking old magazines and making collages. One day she had the idea to make a kaleidoscope and she followed through on that plan to make a great one out of a toilet paper roll. She is always amazing us with her curiosity and creativity. She is in the CTR class at church and takes it very seriously. She is always telling me when I am not choosing the right. Occasionally I will take a toy away from her during lunch because she is too busy playing instead of eating and she will always shout at me "Mommy, that is not choosing the right!" She is also quick to point out when she is making a right choice! Sophie has Collin totally wrapped around her finger and can get him to do almost anything for her. She is a great older sister often times taking advantage of the perks that come along with being the oldest!
3 comments:
I can't believe how much these girls have grown in just two short months! And it's totally unfair how much hair Ruby has! Sasha hardly has any! Oh well, she'll get plenty I'm sure. When are you blessing her? My husband is freaked about RSV and so we are waiting a couple more months. Has she gotten sick at all? With other little ones it's hard to keep the babies healthy but hopefully she is fighting those germs off!
I'm so behind on blogging. But congrats on baby 3 (only 2 months late). She is beautiful. That's good to hear that she is such a good baby!
I'm glad Ruby is doing so well. That sleep thing is so hard sometimes! Great update.
Post a Comment