Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2 Months

Ruby Roo 
is 
2 months old!



We had her doctors visit yesterday and she is growing and changing like crazy.
Here are her stats for 2 months
Weight: 10 lbs 8 oz (4o%)
Length: 23 in (75%)
She is getting to be a little chub.  I have never had a baby above the 25th percentile.  It was nice not to have her doctor tell me she should gain some more weight.

She had a handful of shots and an oral immunization.  Poor girl!  She didn't know what hit her with all of the pokes and honestly I have never heard her cry so loud.  She also struggled with the oral immunization.  She choked on it and it made her throw up her entire bottle that she had just eaten.  I am not sure how effective that dose was.

We also found out that she has torticolis.  Her neck muscles are too short and tight on her right side limiting her free head motion.  It is caused by her positioning in the womb, and continues after birth by being placed in bouncy seats and on her back (basically positions that don't help strengthen her neck and limit her head motion).  It can also lead to head flattening.  I had noticed that her head is always tilted to the right, but hadn't really thought much of it.  Because of this she starts physical therapy tomorrow to help her correct the problem before she gets any head flattening.



We love our baby girl and feel so blessed to have her in our lives.  The past 2 months have just flown by.  It is crazy how fast she has grown and changed.  I never thought I would say this about the newborn stage, but I really do just want to freeze time.

2 comments:

Jess said...

She is adorable!! I can't believe she is 2 months old ready!

The Playin' Lakins said...

Hi Jenn, I do remember you! Your little Ruby is so cute! That is too funny that our girls were born on the same day. Where did you deliver? I was at Lakeview. It was such a neat experience. Thanks for leaving a comment!