Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stuck

Lately we have been struggling getting Collin to go to bed.  He comes out of his room a hundred million times (or so it seems) with a new request each time.  "I need a toy," "I need a book," "I want my blankets on," "I want my water," "I want you to lay by me."  The list really could go on and on.  He is very good at coming up with excuses to be out of his bed.  After going up and down the stairs and putting him in bed all these times I start to get frustrated, even angry sometimes and I start to ignore him.  Pretend like he isn't laying on the floor in front of me having a tantrum because I am not meeting his every demand.  

Well a couple of nights ago he was quiet in his bedroom after coming out only a few times.  Logan and I were watching a movie and grateful that it hadn't been interrupted when we heard Collin crying.  Logan ran upstairs and started laughing.  This is what he found.


Collin was sitting in his toy basket 
he was totally stuck
and struggling to get out
with big crocodile tears streaming down his cheeks.



It was really funny!
  We helped him out and he didn't come out again that night. 
But the bedtime battle continues
at least there is some laughter in it.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one having that problem. I seriously dread putting Olivia to bed lately it takes about 2 hours for her to finally fall asleep.
Ruby is getting so big! She looks like Sophie & Collin now.