Logan is working a long trip this week.
(He has been a lot lately)
I have been feeling like I have been struggling here at home alone with the kids.
I have not been as patient, or as caring as I would like.
It seems like "things" are just better when he is home.
This week I told myself that I was going to have a better attitude and hopefully that would help me have a better week. I have been really trying to enjoy the kids and my time that I get to spend just them and me.
So instead of just sitting home missing my man and thinking about the good times we have with him
We took a trip to the Discovery Gateway. It was fun to get out and fun to see the kids enjoy themselves. Both kids were soOoo good.
Collin loved the water. He could have played there for hours!
Sophie was an expert shopper! I was really impressed that she put away all of her groceries on her own when she was finished. She has really grown up since the last time we were there.
Both kids LOVED the helicopter. Sophie loved the intercom system and Collin thought it was just neat to sit in it and be in a BIG "helcacopter!"
Sophie liked experimenting with muffin cups, pipe cleaners, and fans. Some of her creations flew pretty neat. She is watching how high they flew.
I signed the kids up for a science class while we were there. They made BAT WING STEW! They had a lot of fun, and got totally messy. Especially Collin. He refused to wear his "lab coat!"
It was a fun day!
I was totally worn out.
Growing a baby can take a lot out of a girl!
Not to mention a 2 year old a 4 year old!
3 comments:
Sounds like you had fun...Aiden came down with the stomach flu last night, so, I would say we won't be participating in many fun activities like that for a few days! Good luck with your patience until Logan comes home! (I'd say call us if you need anything, but you don't need what we have!!!)
Looks like you had tons of fun. You are such a better mom then I am. I need to start doing more activities with Olivia she gets so bored.
You are so good to get out so much! I think you do a great job with Logan's trips. I so often feel like I wish I had more patience, enjoyed my kids more, etc. It IS hard work growing a baby and caring for a 2 and 4 year old!
Post a Comment