Before Sophie was born I made her a flannel receiving
blanket. I used it almost
everyday, except on the occasional wash day, to
swaddle her and keep her warm. When I took her binky away at 10 months, it became her comforter. She would
suck on it to soothe herself to sleep. Later it became her constant
companion. She calls it
blankie and has
loved it to pieces, quite literally. It has completely fallen apart. She has been asking for me to make her a
new blanket, but I have been hesitant thinking that she would still only love the original one. But, I was making a blanket for the new baby and Sophie really
wanted one so a new blanket was just around the corner.
I took her to the fabric store for her to choose the material to ensure she would love it. She arrived wanting a pink Sleeping Beauty one, but quickly fell in love with a purple Tinkerbelle material that was near impossible to match to any other fabric. But we did.
And after a late night, her Tinkerbelle blanket is finished.
She LOVES it. She calls it blankie.
It just might be the replacement for the old blankie.
She hasn't put it down since I gave it to her.
I had my doubts, but it turned out really cute! Not the material that I would have chosen, but cute and PERFECT for my sweet girl!


All cuddled up in Tinkerbelle blankie!
3 comments:
So cute!! Kids are very good at deciding what they want. That is so fun. I love it.
The blanket looks great! Olivia's favorite blankie is pretty gross but unfortunately for her she has a mother who can't make anything.
Very cute! That makes me want to make blankies!
Post a Comment