Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ruby Jane Phipps

Presenting
Ruby Jane Phipps

Ruby made her entrance into the world on December 1st at 8:21 am.  
She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long

I was scheduled to be induced that same day, but Ruby had plans of her own.  I woke up to painful contractions around 1 am.  I pretty much ignored them until 3 am when I realized that I hadn't been sleeping and that I was in more pain than I had ever been in with my labors of both Sophie and Collin.  So, I started timing contractions.  They were about 7-10 minutes apart and very painful.  I was so hesitant to go to the hospital.  I wasn't sure if this was the real deal.  Finally around 5 am I broke down and decided that it was time.  On the drive, my contractions were right on top of each other and I felt as if I was going to die.  We got to the hospital at 5:45 and and Logan immediately told them that I wanted my epidural.  They said that I needed to have a bag of fluids first.  At this point they checked me and I was dilated to a 6.  Holy cow!  I couldn't believe I was a 6 already.  They got all of the questions out of the way  and got my IV going after multiple painful tries (and Logan leaving the room because he was light headed).  They checked me again and I was an 8.  Things were moving fast.  I was finally able to get my epidural when I was at a 9.  I think they thought I was nuts to get it at this point.  I had almost made it natural.  But I wanted it sooOOo bad.  It was wonderful to have some relief, although I could still feel contractions on my right side.  The next thing I knew, my water broke and I was getting ready to push.  I pushed 2 times and Ruby had arrived.  

She is a beautiful baby girl 
with tons of hair
and a great appetite.
Something that I am not used to!
Lets hope it stays that way.

Things are going so well.
Sophie and Collin are thrilled that baby Ruby was born.
Grandma and Grandpa brought them to meet her for the first time yesterday.


Collin just adored her.  He wanted to hold her and kept giving her kisses.  He even sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."  
It was soOo sweet.


Sophie was more hesitant to get close to her, but thinks that all of her hair is really neat.  She kept asking if she could touch it.
She has the smile of a proud BIG sister!


They brought her a pink teddy bear
and were so excited to have her hold it!

Logan and I are so grateful that Ruby has become part of our family.  We feel so blessed.  We are also thankful for all of the love and support that we have received from our families and friends.  We are especially grateful to our parents for taking such great care of Sophie and Collin while we are in the hospital.

13 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

Congratulations! I love the name Ruby, very cute. How fun. I am not so sure about 3 kids. I guess we will see what happens. Good Luck. We are so happy for you.

Anna said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad it all went well.

Debbie said...

Congratulations! After talking to you on sunday, I was a little shocked when at the top of the blog I read she was born at 8:30. My first thought was ' wow they must have had her come at 6:00am after all, and what a short labor' :) Then I read on...I can't believe you have these posted on your blog already!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. She is so precious. Let Jeff and I know when you are up for visitors and dinner!

Marissa Vargason said...

Congratulations she is beautiful! Sheesh all these babies makes me want another lol.

Jami said...

Congratulations! You guys are such a cute family and you're caught up to us now. :) I had the same thing going on with my epidural (still feeling pain on my right side) with both of my labors. It was not cool, but better than no epidural at all, I guess. I'm so glad that everything went well. Congratulations again.

Dallin D. Hutchinson said...

Congrats you guys! I love the placid expression on the new-born's face. She looks so content and happy to be the newest member of the Phipps family. Priceless!

Jess said...

CONGRATS!!!! She is beautiful!!! Now we need to get together so we can see her! I'm so glad that she came so easily. I hope you're both feeling well. Let me know if you need anything.
Post the pics of your kids when you're done editing them!

Tiff said...

Okay my computer is acting weird so if you get two comments from me I"m sorry. I'll try this again. I am so impressed that you made it to 8 without an epidural that is amazing and I think that should be considered natural birth right there. She is so cute and I'm glad Sophie and Collin are loving her.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm glad you were able to get an epidural to ease a little of the pain!

Doug & Jen said...

Congratulations! What a darling family!

Tiffany said...

Ruby is beautiful!! and I love her name! How is it with three? You have such a darling family. I need you to email me at brownkidsmom@gmail.com so that I can send you an invite to my, now private, blog. Congrats!!

Laurel said...

Love the name, love the hair, can't wait to meet her!