Today was Sophie's 1st day of preschool. She goes to the local elementary school and she calls it "The Tree School" because there are a lot of trees in the front. She was really excited; especially because her best friend Naiih is in her class this year. Her teachers seem really nice and I think it is going to be a great year. It almost seemed like she never left school. She just kind of picked up where she left off, even though she is in a new school with new teachers this year. She knew just what to do when she came in and got right to work. I am looking forward to this year. I hope that she has a successful year with lots of learning and growing. She wouldn't say much about her first day, but it must have been fun because she came home and fell asleep and has been sleeping for the past several hours--which is soooo not like her.
Collin was really disappointed that he couldn't go too. Last year he was so young, he didn't understand what was going on, but this year he was eager to go into the classroom right along with Sophie. He had a hard morning without his best buddy around and was so excited when I told him it was time to go get her.
No comments:
Post a Comment