Tuesday, June 3, 2008
A New Found FREEDOM!
In the past week or so, Collin has discovered a new found freedom. He has learned how to get out of his crib all on his own. It hasn't become annoying yet, it is still pretty funny any time I see him slowly creep into the room we are in. Both Logan and I bust out laughing pretty hard. The first time it happened, it was bedtime. Sophie had gottten out of bed several times and I had just put her back to bed. Collin was jumping around in his crib and I could hear him through the ceiling. The jumping stopped and I was relieved hoping that he had given up and was going to sleep. I then hear a door open upstairs. I was waiting for Sophie to make her way down the stairs telling me that she needed to go potty or that she needed some particular stuffed animal that didn't happen to be in her bed. I waited, and waited. A few minutes later, Collin came creeping quietly down the stairs and asked for some juice. He acted as if this was a totally normal occurence for him. It happened again this morning. He woke up at 6:30, however I do not wake up with my kids before 7:00 if I don't have too. I went into his room and told him we were still sleeping. After staring at me for a few minutes, he layed back down. I went back to bed and enjoyed some additional sleep. At 7:30 Logan and I are still in bed. I am half asleep and half awake totally expecting Collin to yell out his usual "Mommy!" I heard a door open and waited for Sophie to come running in with all of her moring enthusiasm. She didn't come. I sat up and looked out and saw that her door was still shut. Logan mentioned that maybe it was Luke. A few minutes later Collin creeps into our bedroom, "Hi mommy!" We bust out laughing. It is so funny to see him, knowing that he came from his crib. Later this morning, Logan informs me that it is probably his fault that he is getting out of his crib because he pointed out to him that he could do it on his own a couple of days ago and had him do it himself. What was he thinking? Looks like he may need a big boy bed sooner than I had hoped!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He is so funny. What a smart boy. I'm just waiting for Olivia to learn how to do that as well. She is becoming such a climber. Now you know you have a crib available for the new baby! Well I guess you probably did because of Sophie...duh. Okay this is a long comment.
I guess Dad is to blame, but you knew it was just around the corner.
He will love a big bed!
That's really funny. What WAS Logan thinking? I can't believe how good you are still at posting good stuff when you don't have the internet. Good for you - it's so fun to read and see all the cute pictures. Sophie and Collin are so cute.
Post a Comment