Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Collin Curtis



Both of my kids are growing up so fast, but Collin just amazes me everyday at how much he is learning and growing.  He is 18 moths, going on 4 years, or sometimes I think 14 years.  He is a non stop talker and can say just about any word that you ask him to say.  Although his all time favorite to say is "NO!"  It comes in many different varieties and volumes.  He is so smart and has become quite the problem solver.  He thinks he has figured out how to get anything that is out of his reach, and he is probably right.  The other day he asked for some candies and I told him no, so he got a stool, pushed it to the counter, climbed on top of the counter, opened the cupboard and got his own.  He is constantly doing things like this.   Before I know it he will be on top of the fridge.  Nothing will be safe in my home.  I fear for the terrible 2's.  It seems to me that he has already reached them.  He is so good at tantrums and will scream an ear piercing scream to get what he wants.  I once had a lady in Costco tell me that she thought he broke her ear drum.  



He is also the sweetest little boy ever.  He will give you kisses and hugs all day and is always so excited when you walk into the room.  He has a crazy obsession with his sister and could follow her around all day.  They have become quite the friends, although Sophie might not admit it. He loves books and will sit and listen to you read to him all day if he can talk you into it.  I love the way he says "Yah" and claps his hands whenever he does something he is proud of.  He never stops moving and barely slows down from a run.  He has got things to do and places to be.  Who knows how old he will seem to me tomorrow?  Love you Collin!

5 comments:

Anna said...

He's so smart and cute. I've always thought the terrible twos should include 18 months on.

Tiff said...

Hey Olivia is good at saying no as well. He is so dang cute. It's hard for me to believe that him & Olivia are so close in age because he is such a great talker. They are growing up too fast.

Logan said...

I love that picture of the two of them holding hands. We need to get a better one and frame it babe.

Janeen said...

Jenn, it's Janeen. I found your blog from Jen's. Your kids are adorable, they look just like you. It's so fun to see what you're up to. I can relate to the high pitched screams, I have a boy that just turned 2 and he does the same thing, AHHH! I finally just started blogging, www.tylerandjaneen.wordpress.com. It's not much yet, but you can check it out if you want.

Dallin D. Hutchinson said...

He's a cute little bloke!