Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Be Mine


Today was Sophie's first official celebrated Valentine's Day.  I think that she has enjoyed it so far.  Yesterday I helped her make her Valentines for her friends at school.  It didn't go quite like I expected it too.  I thought she would love it, instead she just got upset because I was writing her name on all of them--and they weren't the ones SHE wanted.  She doesn't quite understand the concept of from--if it has her name on it, that means it is hers.  So I  made her just the right Valentine and finished the rest myself.  This morning however, she was excited to give her Valentines to her friends.  When I picked her up from pre-school, she exclaimed "Look mommy, I got trick-or-treats!!"  To her Valentines Day is just like Halloween without the costume.  I keep reminding her that they are Valentines and she has now resorted to calling them trick-or-treat Valentines!

Collin on the other hand has had a harder time with Valentines Day than Sophie. Because he doesn't go to school, he didn't get quite the candy loot that Sophie did.  He has spent most of his day crying "CANDIES" in hopes that his sister will share.

Just a {Love} Sidenote:  Sophie will quite often now come and give me a hug and say "I love you mommy!"  Ohh, it just melts my heart.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute! What a fun day for kids - and adults.

Tiff said...

I remember how much fun Valentines Day was when I was in school. How exciting for you to watch Sophie experience that. Poor Collin I guess he's just going to have to wait a few years. It's the best when kids let you know they love you.

Janeen said...

Kids are the best! Anniston was having a hard time also understanding the concept of passing out valentine's. But now she just loves Valentine's day.