Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chipped Tooth

So the other day I was looking inside Collin's mouth examining how his teeth are coming in ( he is getting 6 teeth all at once--not a lot of fun for him or me!:)) and I noticed that one of his top front teeth has a big chip in it. I about died. My one-year-olds beautiful smile is now tainted with this horrible chip. I felt so bad. I don't even know when it happened. It had to be some time in the last week because I just had him at the dentist and he didn't have it then. What kind of mother am I? You would think that I would know when something like this happens. Collin is my climber. He is up on everything. Consequently he is also falling off of everything. Twice he has broken my parents kitchen chairs from falling backwards on them. I can't keep a close enough eye on him. Anyways because of his enthusiasm for life he now has a chipped tooth. I called the dentist in a panic hoping that they had some miracle cure. They of course said that they wanted to see him. They weren't quite sure if they could do anything, but they would like to see him anyways. So off to the dentist I go (for the second time this month). Well they tell me it isn't that bad. "Not that bad" I think to myself, "This chip is huge and ugly." Anyways, after being tied down and having a drilling to smooth out the chip with what looks like a Dremel Motor Tool, Collin had now survived 2 trips to the dentist office in his youg short life. His tooth still looks chipped, but I am hopeful that it won't discolor and that wear over time will help to smooth out the chip even more. Sorry Collin, lets hope we don't run into any more chips on those beautiful baby teeth!

I tried to get a picture of the chip, but I just couldn't get a good shot, however I did notice while snapping some photos of my babe that he doesn't smile showing his teeth all that often, and did you notice those dang cute dimples. "Cheese!" as Collin would say.



2 comments:

Anna said...

Such a cute smile! Funny how you upsetting those things can be and how much you blame yourself, huh? Other people tell me all the time how they wouldn't ever know Sam had anything happen to his eyelid, but sometimes I have a hard time not noticing and fretting about that or other things. I think you are a fabulous mom Jen!

Anonymous said...

I love Collin's smiles--both his mouth and his eyes. He absolutely melts my heart.
How I love these kids--Mom