Friday, September 21, 2007
What's with a tantrum or two...or MORE!
Okay, so I have decided that I am becoming a pro at ignoring tantrums. Sophie is the Queen at throwing tantrums. She throws a million a day. At home they have become so easy to deal with becasue she prefers to go to her her bed and get over it on her own. However, in public it is a whole different scenario. There usually isn't a day that goes by without a tantrum in public. They usually happen when she knows that she has done something wrong and then doesn't want to pay the consequences for it. For instance, today we were at the mall eating pizza in the food court. We were doing so well. And then it happened. Sophie moved off of her chair. This is normal, and she usually doesn't go far. So I let her get down, however Collin followed and then they were on the move. I grabbed Collin threw him in the highchair and went after Sophie. I started in a brisk walk and ended up in a run before I caught her. She had made it through half of the mall. Needless to say I was so upset. She immediately said "I sit in the chair." She knew exactly what she should have been doing. I of course was not going to let her sit in the chair. I forced her in the stroller (thank goodness for seat belts). She of course started screaming at the top of her lungs. People were staring. This is where the pro part comes in. I just sat there and finished our dinner with her screaming. It doesn't phase me that she is screaming, nor does it phase me that people are staring. I can handle this. I would like to see them do better. The scream continues for most of my shopping trip. At times I think "I should leave" but why would I do that. Then she wins. I just let people stare and enjoy myself. I call that a pro. So, what's with a tantrum or two...or more. I can take it. Why? Because I can take anything for this girl. I love her to death. Tantrums and all!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess I'm not a pro. 90% of the time I come home from a shopping trip ready to pull my hair out, vowing to never go shopping with both kids again.
Anna, I am sure you are a pro. I feel the same way most of the time too, but I am proud of the fact that I can ignore the dirty glares people give me and the crying screams long enough to get my shopping trip done. Shopping is hard with two kids:)
Post a Comment