Friday, September 21, 2007

"I Did It!"

All summer Sophie has been learning how to pedal her tricycle. She has mastered the technique if she is on a down hill slope. However, if she is on flat ground or a slight incline she doesn't even want to try. She would much rather enjoy herself while you push her. However, yesterday after pedaling herself down the street a couple of houses, it was time to turn around and go back towards our house. She started out asking "Help Mommy?" so I started helping. I gave her a couple of small pushes and then one big one and I let go. She continued pedaling all on her own! After much encouragement she made it the three house lengths back to our house, stood up off of her bike, lifted her arms straight up in the air and shouted "I did it!" She was so proud of herself. What a big accomplishment. Hooray for you Soph--You Did It!

No comments: