Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Fruits Of My Labor

Early in the spring, I am totally excited to plant my garden and get working in the yard.  However, by mid-summer I dread the fact that I have to go out and water the garden and flowers each evening.  It seriously can be such a pain in my side:)  Well, now is the time where I am beginning to enjoy it again.  We have gotten so much from our yard this year.  It is fun to be able to go outside and get a fresh cucumber for a salad, or always have a fresh vegetable on hand.  

Sophie chose and planted these sunflower seeds.  I LOOOVE the way they look.


I am especially proud of my watermelon plant.  I am not sure why, but I think it is because I thought it wouldn't amount to anything.


My pumpkin.  We only got one this year, but it is a good one!

We also had a TON of peas earlier in the year...they are my favorite, zucchini, strawberries (the kids all time favorite), and we have managed to share some of our yummy tomatoes with the ants:)!   

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Nice work!! Your garden looks great! All I have to show is a bunch of weeds and a raspberry plant with no raspberries on it.