Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sophie's Big News!

Sophie is potty trained! 

 
Yahoo!  I am so proud of her.  I decided to give this potty training thing another try over her Christmas break.  I did a count down to the day Sophie would only wears panties.  The first day she wouldn't put them on, so I made her just wear pants without a diaper.  She hated that and quickly resorted to wearing her panties.  Anyway, I think she was finally ready.  I gave her a few big rewards in the beginning and then worked down to a chocolate coin every time she went.  Now she doesn't need anything and she is even beginning to tell me when she needs to go.  She still has an accident every now and then, but she is doing so good--we made it through a mall shopping trip without one. What a big accomplishment.  We are so proud of her, and she is pretty proud too.  I love to watch her jump up and down after she goes.  She now says "I am a Big, Big girl!"  We love you Soph. 

3 comments:

Tiff said...

YEAH SOPHIE!!! Congrats! That is so awesome. I'm so happy for you!

Anna said...

Congrats! What a big, BIG girl!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray for Sophie J.