
The rain has been pouring down all day today. It is cold and wet outside. It seemed like the perfect day for a movie. So I loaded up the kids and off we went--to the kids first ever movie in a theater. Was I crazy? Sophie was excited and couldn't wait to watch the big screen or the "big TV" as she called it. I chose the movie. I wanted to see a kids movie, but also one that I thought I was going to enjoy as well. I had heard that
Enchanted was really good and Sophie's cousin that is 4 really liked it. So that was the one. We got to the theater and got our seats. The kids were ready. We made it through the previews and some portion of the animated part of the film. Then I heard the binky drop--I tried not to panic:) Collin was being really good, but was getting upset that he had lost his binky. So I pulled out the fruit snacks. While all this was going on, the movie had gone from being animated to real life. I looked up just in time to see Sophie turn to me, burst out crying, and say, "I want to go home." Ohh! I felt so bad. How could she have liked this less. I quickly tried to calm her down as we grabbed our coats and things and tried to make it out of the theater without being too much of a disturbance to others watching the movie. I think that I made a poor movie choice. Sophie is scared easily, and I think that it was just a little too much for her--she couldn't bare to see a princess go through so much! So to Sophie
Enchanted was not all too enchanting! We'll try again another time with a different movie, if I can ever get her to go back:)
2 comments:
Bummer. That's always soo frustrating when you try hard to do something fun, pay for it, start out and then it's a failure.
Darnet! I'm sorry Sophie. I'm sure it wasn't too fun for you either Jenn
Post a Comment