
Well, it is that time of year again. A time for family, friends, food, presents, parties, and fun. We had our yearly Christmas Party at my parents house today. It was a lot of fun for everyone. Sophie especially had a blast playing with her cousins that she doesn't get to see that often. They are quite a bit older than her, but I think to her that makes it all the better. There wasn't a dull moment for her. It is always so fun to get together with family. This year we were able to have everyone at home, so that made it even better.

My mom always has the kids put on a little performance. It started when I was little, I would play Christmas music on my violin and then we would all sing Christmas carols together. Well, I don't play the violin for everyone anymore (in fact I wouldn't even say I could play), but the performance has evolved. Now the Grandkids sing songs that they have learned, and we still all sing carols as a family. Sophie was so quick to jump up in front of the group. She suggested the first song--"Once There Was a Snowman." She was so stinking cute. She sang every word and did every action. I was so proud.

Another hit among the kids was "Jingle Bells." My mom has a bunch of jingle bells that the kids shake while they sing their hearts out. Sophie was having a blast!

This year my brother Dennis played the guitar and had some of the grandkids sing to it. It was fun to hear his musical talent. The girls did a good job singing too. Maybe he will play every year!

The family is always grateful that my Grandpa is able to make it each year. We love having him there to enjoy the holiday with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment