
I remember my friend Jacob the art student lamenting to me about his fellow artists. He'd get so frustrated with illustration artists who would draw a sappy picture of a model looking girl. He'd say that just because the subject is a beautiful person that doesn't make it beautiful art.
I also think about a commentator I heard on the radio who was talking about the end of experts. He was demonizing the internet as a source of free information that makes everyone feel they can be an expert overnight if they just do the right Google searches or check Wikipedia. His claim was that it was destroying the lively hood of the real experts out there who truly studied and learned their craft.
Well, I know I'm not likely to create an artistic masterpiece or be an expert photographer, but I really like some of the pictures we have taken of these little guys. I guess that's the wonder of digital cameras. You can take hundreds of photos and never run out of film. If you give someone enough tries, even the worst athlete could sink a basketball shot that a pro wouldn't even consider trying in a game. When I get complemented on my landings at work sometimes I like to reply by saying "Well if you bowl enough frames you're bound to get a few strikes. Right?"
2 comments:
Those are some beautiful photos.
As we all know from Skew's prized and prominently hung portrait, Jacob (aka Cache Valley's Dusty Garner) has no problem painting less than beautiful people.
I saw your comment on Jen's blog and had to check out yours and say hi. You have such a cute family. Happy Holidays!
Lisa (Peterson) Boyack
Post a Comment