Wednesday, September 5, 2007

And She's Off........To School That Is!

Sophie had her first official day of pre-school today. Holy Cow! I know it is just pre-school, but still, my little girl is old enough to start school. She is attending class at an elementary school here in Kaysville. Her teacher is Miss Deana, and she also has an assistant in her classroom named Miss Julie. So far I am very impressed and they both seem to pass my rigid standards that I was looking for in a pre-school teacher. Sophie was very excited to go to school. Getting dropped off to class this morning seemed completely natural for her. She was ready to dive into this new adventure. I too was really excited for Sophie to go to school. Not just because I would have 2 1/2 hours with one less child at home (although that is good too), I am so excited for her to have this experience and for me to be able to experience it with her. I miss the school setting. The one down fall for Sophie is that she wants to ride the bus and talks about riding the bus daily. We keep telling her that she will get to ride the bus when she gets into junior high. She responds "OKAY". However, she seems to think that junior high is right around the corner because she will ask us about it the next day! She is so funny.



This is Sophie working with the letters of her name--one of the first activities she does as she starts school each day! I love this picture because she looks like she is having so much fun. I hope she keeps this enthusiasm for school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, Logan, and kids,

We love your blog! It is so cute, and you have done a great job with it so far. The kids are so darling!!!! We got your thank you card yesterday...you are so welcome. We are way excited for Disneyland! We called the hotel and found out what room you are in and reserved the one right next door so we can hang out a little after the kids are asleep! We can't even wait for the trip, although we wonder if Tiff will be able to ride any of the rides now that she's pregnant...we'll see. We love you guys!!!!

Anna said...

She does look like she's having fun. Sam was jealous! I'm having regrets about not signing him up for preschool now that he's seeing everyone else start. Jenn, You'll have to give me some good tips on things to do with him myself.