Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! It seems like forever ago that we celebrated Christmas.  Life just keeps on going. But I just couldn't skip over this magical holiday. And what a wonderful holiday that we had.  I feel so blessed.  For the sake of time, I am lumping our entire holiday into one large post. Enjoy!

Here is the Christmas card that we sent out to family and friends this year! 


December 22, 2012. Grandma's Christmas Party!
I look forward to family Christmas parties each year. I know that each year my mom says it is her last year throwing this little party of hers, but I hope she never stops.  I appreciate her effort to get us all together, and I love seeing my kids participate in the traditions that I took part in when I was growing up.  We eat and eat and eat.  We read the Nativity story, and sing Christmas carols with bells.  Even Lyla got in on the action.  She reversed herself right up in line with the other kids.  So cute!



December 24, 2012. Christmas Eve!
On Christmas Eve this year we stayed home and enjoyed being together as a family.  It was such a relaxing, special day.  We held a small family home evening with each meal talking about the birth and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It was so neat to see the kids get so excited and reflect on the things we talked about. Also that day we watched E.T. and made Christmas trees out of ice cream cones.  The kids thought that was a lot of fun!  We also made cookies for Santa.

That night the kids set out their cookies for Santa and some carrots for his reindeer and we read our Christmas stories one last time.  












December 25, 2012. Christmas Day!
The kids must have been on Santa's good list because he stopped at our house.  He ate our milk and cookies, and his reindeer even left some special droppings out front!  Did you know that Santa's reindeer poop chocolate?!?! They do! And the kids proved it to be true.  When the kids woke up, both sets of Grandparents were here to see their excitement about what Santa brought. Lyla was in heaven going around the living room eating any snack she could find.  She also wanted to immediately get dressed in her new clothes from Santa. After presents, we ate a yummy breakfast and then we just enjoyed being together as a family all afternoon.  It was so nice not to go anywhere.  The kids could just play the day away. And our house was proof that they had a great time. It looked like a bomb went off! 







Such a great holiday season! There is nothing greater than spending time with my family.  I love them all so much.  It was wonderful to slow down and to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas with the kids this year.  Life is busy. The tree is down. And there are most post coming soon!



No comments: