Friday, October 5, 2012

October 1, 2012. Fall.


The fall this year has been so beautiful. The mountains are full of red. And the air is cooler. I love it! I have been wanting to get the kids out and take some pictures of them with the leaves and when I found this cute scavenger hunt I just knew it would make a perfect family home evening activity. Unfortunately we didn't quite have the time to do the hike I was envisioning, but we got out and enjoyed a mountainside closer to home.  And while we weren't quite among the red leaves, they were all around us, and it was beautiful. The kids had a blast exploring and collecting things for their papers and taping them on. They even got to explore a small cave.  Collin and Ruby were a little nervous and couldn't decide whether to go in or stay out. In the end, Collin stayed behind with Lyla and I and Ruby went in with Sophie and Logan. It was a fun evening together as a family.  






















1 comment:

Hannah said...

what a wondeful idea... keeping the kids busy getting fresh air, walking or more hiking... wondeful!