Thursday, August 30, 2012

For Sophie


Dear Sophie,

Happy birthday sweet girl!  The day you have been waiting for, your birthday, has finally arrived.  I hope it was all that you dreamed it would be.  Because you deserve each and every one of your dreams to come true.  You're growing up on me.  It's been eight great years.  Eight wonderful, exciting, marvelous years.

Sophie you brighten up our home!  You are so full of life.  You love to cuddle, and go on "family dates."  You like to listen to music and have dance parties.  You like to play with friends and laugh.  Your dad always says you have the best laugh around and I think he might be right!  You like to stay up late, and sleep in in the mornings.  You run and play, and you like to cuddle up and get comfortable.  You are one fun little girl to have around.

Sophie you are so sweet and caring.  You are such a peacemaker in our home.  You look for ways to make everyone feel better.  You are the best big sister to Collin and Ruby and Lyla.  You constantly surprise me with the love and care you give to them.  They look up to you.  And they should, because you are a great example for them.  I am so proud of you.

At eight years old you still love all things soft and cuddly.  Your collection of stuffed animals is quickly taking over our house.  Yet you never seem to have enough!  There is always one you just have to have!  It isn't often that we leave the house without one of your stuffed animal friends.  You still have a love for your blankie and like to sleep with it every night.  And although you love it, you can never remember where you left it last.

This year is a big year for you.  You have made the decision to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  You are so excited and have been looking forward to this day for so long.  You have such a strong testimony and teach me so much about faith and following our Savior's example.  I am proud of you for this decision.  You look so beautiful in your white dress and I can't wait to share this special day with you.

I love you Sophie.  I love the beautiful, sweet, fun, loving girl that you are.  It was one of the best days ever that you were born.  Thanks for making me your mom.  Life with you is pretty great.  I am so blessed.  Happy birthday.

Love you forever and always,
Mommy

No comments: