Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lyla, Month VII



To My Lyla,

Here we are at 7 months, and what a joy you are.  Your smile lights up any room.  One can't help but smile when they are around you.  You radiate happiness.  Your siblings find nothing more fun than to make you laugh.  Your giggle is contagious and is the best sound in the world.  You are well loved!

This month your first tooth popped through.  Although I have enjoyed that gummy smile of yours, I am looking forward to seeing that little tooth more and more as it grows in.  Teething was a little hard on you.  You became a little more clingy during the day, but it seemed to affect you the most at night.  It seems as though we took a few giant steps backwards when it comes to sleeping  You are now dependent on your swing for most naps...just like when you were a newborn.  And many nights you have been up late with mommy and daddy.  Sometimes we wonder if it is because you love the one on one attention you get after everyone else has gone to bed...who knows, but you seem to be on your way back to your old sleeping habits!

Also this month, you mastered the art of sitting up on your own.  The first couple of days I would look over at you sitting on the living room floor and I would just smile.  You are so cute sitting up so big like you have been doing it your whole life.  You love your new view and the way it lets you interact with your siblings and your toys!!

My favorite thing about you this month is your fascination with your tongue.  It is a rare occasion to see you when it isn't it isn't poking out of your mouth.  It really is the cutest thing ever!!  I also can't get enough of your talking.  You have the sweeting little voice that you are beginning to use more and more everyday.

Lyla you are perfect.  I love you to pieces.  Everyday I look at you and think to myself how lucky I am to be your mom.  I am so blessed.

Love you forever and always,
Your Mama

No comments: