Sunday, November 13, 2011

today


Ruby was here ...


and here ...


All the kids were here ...


Collin was here ...


Sophie was here ...


and Lyla was here ...



Most nights, after the kids are snuggled in bed, I sit down on the couch and let out a sigh of exhaustion.  I look around my messy disastrous house and think about the day.  I am so busy.  Busy cleaning, feeding the baby, doing the dishes, running kids here and there, doing the laundry, cooking dinner, changing diapers, doing homework, giving baths ... the list could go on and on.  Yet through it all I look around me and think just how lucky I am.  Lucky that I can sit here in my messy disastrous house.  Lucky that I have 4 of the cutest, craziest, busiest kids ever.  Being a mom is hard work.  Four kids have been particularly challenging to me.  I have needed a lot of help, but I wouldn't change any of it.  I love these 4 little ones so so SO much!



And I love days like today.  Days were the house looks like a tornado came through.  Days where the TV is off and my kids are off playing away together.  So although I wish my house were cleaner.  I love the mess.  I love the kids that make it and I love the happiness and the chatter that come with it!



1 comment:

macndos said...

Every time you think you are struggling with 4 kids, I want you to think this: "Kelsey recently found a bag of dog poop on the back of her couch, and she had no idea how long it had been there! At least I'm not her!" And I've only got one kid!
:)