Friday, November 4, 2011

Lyla, Month II


To My Lyla:

Wow!  You are two months already.  It seems like I was just writing your one month letter to you!  Time is passing by so quickly.  Too quickly at times.  Already I look back at pictures of you and you seem so big compared to the size you once were.  You are no longer my tiny newborn!

You are growing and changing everyday.  You started smiling this month {at 6 weeks} and I can't get enough of it.  My heart leaps each and every time I can get one out of you ... which can be a challenge at times!  You have also let out the beginnings of a laugh and I can't wait for you to give me a full belly laugh one day soon.  It seems that you are discovering your voice more each day.  I will often hear you let out a little sigh or quiet baby coos.

Also this month you have become quite the drooler.  I often place you up over my shoulder and in a matter of minutes I have a giant wet spot.  Your doctor said you are an early drooler and I suspect that you may be a wet baby in the near future from all that drool that rolls down your chin!

You are a hot item around this house.  We all can't seem to get enough of you.  Your sisters and brother ask constantly to hold you and your sister, Ruby, is always bringing you toys, giving you hugs and generally smothering you with affection.

My favorite time of the day with you is your late night feeding.  You eat so well and calmly {which is not always the case ... eating is not your strong suite these days} and I love to cuddle you and listen to your gulping noises as you chug down your milk.  Afterwards I love to hold you on my shoulder, listen to you breathe, and smell your sweet formula breath.  I find myself kissing your chubby little cheeks over and over again until I force myself to lay you back down in your crib for the night.  Oh, how I never want to forget those precious moments we get to share together right now.

We love you baby girl!  Happy two months!
Love,
Your Momma

No comments: