Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zoo Party!

For Collin's birthday this year, he decided that he wanted to have a zoo party. I thought it was a great idea ... no decorating the house! I told him that he could choose 2 friends to invite. Unfortunately one was sick last minute and couldn't come, but we still had a great time! Grandma and Grandpa tagged along too making his day extra special!

the invitation


I bought these cute as can be zoo visors for the kids to wear! They were a hit. My plan was to get a picture of all the kids wearing them at the zoo, but I didn't. I guess I got too caught up in all the fun!


I made these zoo lunches for the kids ... monkey quesadillas, apple slices, animal crackers, and gatorade to drink! I am not quite sure, but I think I may have been more impressed the by the cuteness of those monkey quesadillas than the kids were! Oh well ...


After we ate, we had cupcakes and opened up a few of Collin's presents ... the rest were waiting for him at home! Collin had no problem blowing out 5 candles!


We all had a great time at the zoo! The biggest hit with the kids {all except for Ruby} was the dinosaur exhibits they had throughout the park ... especially digging for dinosaur bones. I think they could have spent the whole time digging in the sand ... silly kids!


After we were sufficiently worn out we headed home to open presents! Collin was spoiled and it is obvious that he is well loved by everyone!




Happy Birthday Collin! I can't believe you are 5!

1 comment:

Jess said...

You're getting so close to the end!! She'll be here so soon! I hope you're feeling well. I'm so glad you found sophie's crib set at Target. I think it's really cute and comfy.
I will admit that I have been awful with updating my blog and checking others blogs. I had so much fun reading back through your last few posts. I am SO SO impressed with your pictures! Seriously. It's been fun to watch you get better and better with lighting, etc. You have such a talent! You take the most creative shots of everything. You're really good! Someday I'll have to pay you to teach me the trick with indoor lighting. Yours look like they are out of a magazine!