Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's a ....

BABY SISTER!!!! We are so excited and feel so blessed. The little princess is in perfect health and it was so fun to have another sneak peak of her! Both Logan and I were so surprised. We were convinced that she was a boy ... but can't wait to add some more pink to the mix!

We had so much fun revealing the gender ... even though I may have ruined the surprise not once but twice! After the ultra sound I came home and made some cupcakes to have at our gender reveal party! Well technically I made them the night before but ...



I did whip up some PINK frosting!


And I stuffed each cupcake full of a pink surprise! Collin may have snuck a peak of what color frosting I was using at this time. But I can't blame him ... we were all so anxious to find out if this baby was a boy or a girl. Or maybe the kids were just excited for cupcakes. We'll pretend it is the first! I spent the rest of the day trying to convince him it wasn't pink that he saw. He might have thought I was a little crazy!


Next I frosted the cupcakes white ... making sure that every last bit of pink was hidden and tucked safely inside!


Of course I had to try just one!




We took our parents out to dinner for the big surprise. When we got there I had everyone choose a boy or girl sticker to wear. This is where I kinda-sorta ruined the surprise again ... but it worked out okay. We made everybody wait until after dinner for the cupcakes. Then we passed them out ... counted to 3 ... and then everybody started to eat. My mom immediately ripped into hers and yelled "It's a GIRL!" I was a little nervous that Collin was going to be disappointed it wasn't a boy but he wasn't at all. I asked him how he felt about having another sister and he said " happy!" He is such a sweet boy who really does love his sisters.

It was such a fun day! Now onto the preparations ...

3 comments:

Rach said...

That's such a good idea to make cupcakes that way! What a fun way to tell people. And congratulations on another girl! :)

T-Bird said...

Yeah, Jenn! Congrats on the baby girl!!! What names are you thinking? You are so creative and artistic ~ what a great way to tell family! Congrats again...can't wait to meet the little beauty!
Tiff

Jenn said...

Tiff! Congrats on your little one. That is awesome! We are thinking of naming our little girl Lyla Kate. How are you feeling? Are you right in the midst of being sick and tired? I am giving you a call soon ... I miss you guys!