Wednesday, November 17, 2010

gratitude

I love this time of year. The time that we take to reflect on all of the things that we are truly grateful for. Things that are often overlooked. The little things. For FHE this week we talked with the kids about gratitude. We looked through our pictures and the kids pointed out things that they are grateful for in each picture. Kids are so good about being grateful for the little things. What great examples they are to us. We finished up by making a gratitude chain. I love it. It inspires me each time I look at it.


Here is our list: airplanes, the earth, education, the great sun, animals, moms, dads, the morning, the green grass, classic skating {see i told you we had a good time!}, crayons, friends, worms, snacks, songs from the birds, my love for Jesus, prayer, food, beds, sunshine, bengal tigers, a clean house, family, Ruby's hair, our church, Sophie's eyes, birds, our capable bodies, Collin's compassion, a home, our Savior, little Ruby, binkies, my camera, blue sky, washer and dryer, play dates, the temple, trees, and water.


This list is just a start. We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. I hope that I can continue this attitude of gratitude well beyond this Thanksgiving season.

And because this is put so well.

No comments: