Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4

The kids and I had a great 4th of July this year. We missed having Logan home with us, but we still had a lot of fun. We started out the morning with some holiday pics. However it didn't quite go as planned. But does it ever?!?!


I tried to get a pic of everyone together, but really only Collin would cooperate. Sophie wouldn't come outside because she said it was cold {grin} ... and Ruby kept pushing Collin away. Oh well!
So I snapped a few of Ruby ... who was loving that chair ...


After pics we headed to grandma's house to watch the parade ... or gather candy!


The kids had fun with their "pops" waiting for the parade to start ...


Collin was gearing up for the sirens that were WAY down the street ... silly boy!

Ruby LOVED the freedom to just run. And run she did. in the street. One of her favorite things!


And when she wasn't running, she was talking to the horses!

The kids LOVED the parade and came away from it with tons of candy!


We went back to my parents house and had some lunch and then I took the two older kids to the park while Ruby napped. Unfortunately though, we didn't make it to the park until just before they were closing things up ... so no face painting, or animal balloons. {so sad} The kids did get to bounce in a few bounce houses though which they always love.

Later that night we went to a neighborhood bbq. There was yummy food and good company. I love my neighborhood and am so grateful for the friends we have. The kids had a blast ... I barely even saw them.

Happy 4th of July!




No comments: