Friday, June 25, 2010

NYC

So Logan and I went to New York last week.


We had so much fun. It was a quick trip ... but we made the most of it. We went there for the Red Bull Air Races. Which were so cool (more on those in a later post). But we couldn't go to NYC without seeing the sights.

Our first night there, we visited Times Square. I loved the lights and the people. I could just sit and watch people all day.





The next day we slept in and then made our way to Ellis and Liberty Island.



audio tour at Ellis Island



We also visited Central Park. We took a pedi - cab around the park ... so fun! Probably one of my favorite parts of the trip! I couldn't believe how huge the park is. And it is so beautiful.



That was all for the day. I was pretty disappointed that we didn't get to go to the Empire State Building ... but we were tired ... and thought it would be closed. However, we did make it there the next day after the air races.






After all that we were exhausted. We had walked, walked, and walked some more ... and rode every form of public transportation available. It seriously took my body's equilibrium two days to recover from all the subway trains, light rail trains, and ferries we took.

It was a great time. I love going on vacations with just Logan. It is always good to be just us ... even though I totally missed my little ones!

No comments: