Monday, March 1, 2010

Curing Cabin Fever

The weather this weekend [and today too] has been so wonderful. I love the sunshine and I love the warmer temperatures [a taste of what lies ahead]. I had to get out. After spending nearly two weeks feeling trapped inside with sick, whiny kids I needed to get out and enjoy what was just outside my door.

On Saturday the kids and I ventured to the park. It was so nice to be out. It was good for me ... it was good for them.

I love that no matter how many times we go to the park ... the same park [although we do go to others sometimes too] the kids always enjoy themselves. You can always find a smile on their face. They played and climbed and swung [although not always cooperatively ... there were plenty of tears among the smiles] and played some more.



And Ruby? Well she just sat in this car and loved every minute of it.

I would try to get her out and she would freak out. She LOVES this little car. Occasionally she would reach down and grab some wood chips, but mostly she just sat there ... content and happy.


I can't wait until we can do this more often. Maybe without the coats!

1 comment:

Emily Rosell said...

Looks so fun. Loved the sticky sucker post with miss ruby.