Thursday, February 11, 2010

San Fran

Usually about once a month Logan invites me to go on one of his long overnights that he has for work. Sometimes they are to small towns that I have never heard of or desired to go to, and other times they are to some place exciting and fun. Most often I turn him down. It always seems so difficult to go. Taking the kids is too hard on them and me for such a short amount of time, and leaving them here always seems like too much ... finding someone to watch them, packing up all of their stuff, and writing up a schedule of their day (naps, mealtimes, etc ... I am a schedule freak). But occasionally I do go. And it is always worth it, and I always have fun. And I always wonder why I don't do it more. This last overnight was no exception. I met Logan in San Francisco and we had a blast.

We walked and walked and walked some more. Our legs were dead tired by the end of the day, but it was so worth it. We did some shopping, but spent most of our day in China Town. It ended up that the day we were there was Chinese New Year. The streets were just packed with people and vendors. It was neat to just walk the streets and just take in everything around you.



After Chinatown, we walked some more. This time to Coit Tower.



coit tower and
the cute little stairs that lead to the massive amount of stairs to coit tower


After the tower, we made our way down to the pier to visit my friends the sea lions ... because a visit to San Francisco isn't complete without a visit to them. But the majority of them were busy swimming and catching fish and doing the things they do ... you know. There were still a few of them to watch sleep and argue with each other though, so that was good. I seriously love them!

Then we had dinner (at an over priced restaurant ... and we wished we had eaten at the In N Out that was across the street ... but it was still nice) and made our way back to the hotel. We watched a little TV and went to bed.

We woke up super early and I was home by 9 am ... back to the life of tantrums, dirty diapers, bottles, and picking kids up from school. It was good to have a break. And Logan and I seriously had such a good time together. Thanks babe. And thanks mom for watching the kids so I could go.

No comments: