Saturday, January 9, 2010

2009

It seems like it is a little after the fact for this post (I have been busy. Busy doing the mom and housewife thing ... and perfecting my Mario Cart game.), but it is a new year. A new decade even. And I feel like it would be weird to just move forward without documenting the year we just left behind. So I thought I would do a little "Best of 2009" and "Worst of 2009" for the Phipps family.

Best of 2009

I got my DSLR camera
Logan and his dad went to a fun fly in St. George
Collin started pre-school
Sophie started Kindergarten
summer art class
backyard swimming
Sophie played soccer
family vacation to Sea World and Lego Land
family vacation to Canada
Logan and I went to the Reno Air Races
Ruby was blessed
numerous trips to Lagoon
numerous trips to the zoo
Collin learned to pedal his bike
father/son and mother/daughter outings
I went to see Wicked with my mom
I lost 32 pounds
Logan and I took a day trip to San Francisco
Logan got a dirt bike
Collin got potty trained
Logan and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary
Ruby celebrated her 1st birthday


Worst of 2009

physical therapy for Ruby
sleep training
5 am wake ups ... everyday
Logan crashed and totaled his car
waiting in line for the H1N1 vaccine
Kindergarten shots
4 day trips for Logan
Logan and I got one year closer to 30!
kicking, screaming, tantrums ... everyday.
Collin stopped taking a nap
fevers, coughs, and earaches
in-grown toenails
running on the treadmill


It really was a great year. And it was so fun to look back at all that we have done and accomplished. I am excited for what is to come.

Welcome 2010!


4 comments:

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Most wives would have the "Logan got a dirtbike" on the Worst Things list. You're a good wife.

Why did Ruby have to do physical therapy?

Jenn said...

Ruby had physical therapy for her torticollis.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Ohhhh. We had to do the same thing with Oliver.

Tiff said...

Sounds like you guys had a great year. I was going to make a list on my blog but I seriously could only think of one good thing I'm glad 2009 is over!