Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Parties 09

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is the time that we get to share with our families. This year was no exception. It is so wonderful to get together and celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

The partying started the week before Christmas at my parents house. The food was great and the company was even better. This year my sis was in town and it was so fun to have her there. The kids had a blast playing and running around with cousins that they don't see too often. They only poked their head in the crowd to ask "Is it time to open presents yet?" My nieces put on a short remix of A Christmas Carol that had us all laughing our heads off. They were quite the actresses! And as always we read the Nativity story and sang Christmas carols together. Most of the kids (except mine) are getting too old to want to do this anymore, but I hope we never stop. I love watching my children engrossed in the story of the birth of baby Jesus and I always get teary eyed when the family sings all together. It gives me such a feeling of overwhelming love and warmth. Finally after all the productions, it was time for presents ... the moment my kids had been waiting for all night, and they weren't disappointed.

my mom reading the Nativity Story

Sophie shaking her bells during Christmas carols

Sophie sporting one of her gifts; her muffins!

Our next party was Christmas Eve at Logan's parents house. Again, great food and good company. It really is quite the houseful when the whole Phipps family gets together but always so much fun ... and the kids LOVE running around like crazy with all their cousins ... and I mean CRAZY!

The kids participated in a cake walk gift exchange ... so much fun! And the adults did white elephant gifts. There were some funny gifts and a lot of laughs ... good times!

the cake walk

Later the kids acted out the Nativity story.

Mary, Joseph, and the angels

Mary : Star

Sophie as a beautiful angel

the 3 wise men : Collin as a wise man

the scene


No comments: