Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Memories

There are so many little things about Christmas that I remember fondly when I was small. Eating on the Christmas dishes, wearing my rudolph sweatshirt, sitting at the top of the stairs with my sister waiting for my Grandma and Grandpa to come over on Christmas morning, family Christmas parties, anticipating various Christmas gifts, shaking wrapped presents under the tree, spending Christmas Eve with my best friend, Tiffany. The list really could go on. Just thinking of these things make me smile. But one of my all time favorites was helping my mom make the Christmas goodies. Every year we made Christmas treats ... fudge, toffee, and festive cream sandwiches. I remember that it seemed as if our dining room table was filled with the tempting goodies. So now to me it doesn't seem like Christmas without making and eating some yummy Christmas goodies! And trust me I have done more than my fare share of eating them.

This year I made some peppermint bark. Yum!

chocolate is so yummy!

the store i went to didn't have peppermint candy canes. seriously. tons on other flavors but no peppermint. so i had to settle on these instead.


The kids even got in on the baking fun. They made chocolate covered pretzels to give to their teachers as gifts. Collin was so good at it and stuck with me until all of them were done.


they both had a few ... errr a lot of tastes of the 'frosting'


these were so yummy too. any extras we had are now gone! and yes, it was me who ate the majority of them!

Soon we will be making gingerbread cookies. Sophie has been dying to make some for Santa this year so we will give them a try.


No comments: