Thursday, November 12, 2009

You Capture - Real Life

Real life is often glamorized in the blogging world ... mine included. But not today. When I saw Beth's theme for this week I knew I had to participate. So here is a glimpse into my "real" life.

In real life I don't spend enough time here. With a baby that wakes up at 5:45 everyday I find myself always wanting to crawl back into bed. And yes, in real life my bed is rarely made.


On most days we are really good about unloading the dishwasher first thing in the morning and then loading the dishes right after we use them ... but often times when Logan is away (because life is more "real" when he is out of town) I choose to not unload the dishwasher until after lunch. And by then the dishes are piled up.


And when I do decide to unload/load the dishwasher I have a little helper. But I wouldn't have it any other way!


In real life at any given moment my floor is covered with all matter of shoes, diapers, toys, snack crumbs, etc. I try to keep my house clean, but it never fails to be covered with the above mentioned items.


In real life you can always find a child running, skipping, chasing, riding bikes, crawling, or scooting themselves around my kitchen floor. Sometimes I feel as if I am constantly dodging them in order to make my way around the kitchen.


In real life I spend too much time on this. As Logan says, "The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem!"


In real life I ALWAYS have this stack of papers staring me in the face. Anything from school work to kids art projects to important papers that need to be signed and returned. I know, it needs help ... but I just don't know how to fix it. Kids create sooOOoo many papers. I go through it about once a week and file or throw things away, but obviously that is not often enough. Sigh!


In real life my kitchen table is always turned into an artists work station. There is always some form of coloring, cutting, painting, gluing, and drawing taking place there. I love it!


Well that is enough about my "real" life. Now show me a little about yours!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Real life always looks so much neater in black and white!

Boy Crazy said...

refreshing!!! Looks just like my mess. Somehow the black and white made it all seem a little more romantic...maybe if we could get b&w glasses to wear around our houses?? :)

Anna said...

Your real life still seems so perfect to me! Hopefully it's just the black and white:) Yeah for potty training! We really need to get together with you guys!

Tiff said...

I'm glad to see you have some of the same problems I have. I always think everybody else has it better. But the B&W pictures did make it seem nice though.

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your real life day! Real life with all of it's imperfections is so much more wonderful than PERFECT any day, right? : ) It is always so fun to come to your blog. I love everything about it! : )