Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey Day

We spent Thanksgiving day with Logan's family this year. There was a huge feast with lots of family around. The kids loved playing with cousins, watching movies, and going on hikes (Collin's favorite part even though he had to come back early because he fell into the pond!). It was so nice to be with family and think about all of our blessings.

Then on Black Friday instead of facing the shopping crowds (I wouldn't have gone anyway) we hosted a small Thanksgiving dinner for my parents.


We had all the fixings and the kids spent just as many hours coloring as I did cooking making turkey centerpieces and place mats. They turned out so cute and I loved being able to have the kids be a part of our big feast. I even tried making a pumpkin cream cheese pie which turned out great! It was fun spending time with my parents and I am glad that we could share Thanksgiving with them too. We are soOOoo blessed.

No comments: