Saturday, October 31, 2009

halloween happenings ...

We have been having fun celebrating the spooky Halloween season around here.
We have feasted on spider cookies. Aren't they so fun? The kids loved them . . . and I had fun making them!


We got dressed up in our costumes and headed out for our 4th annual Neighborhood Halloween Parade (even with the snow). So much fun! I love seeing all of the costumes.


the beautiful ballerina

Sophie's costume morphed a little for the parade. Instead of ballet shoes, she chose snow boots and instead of wearing a coat to stay warm, she wore Ruby's Baby Legs on her arms. It was quite the combination! She did eventually wear her jacket after freezing and seeing everyone else in jackets.

the adorable flower

and the spooky dragon ... not to be confused with a dinosaur!

Sophie and her friend Hannah

We carved pumpkins ... which turned into Mom and Dad carving pumpkins. Well, really it was just Dad carving the pumpkins! But the kids were thrilled with the end result. Sophie wanted Ariel carved into her pumpkin and Collin wanted a skeleton. Logan did a great job!


We did get Sophie to help take a few seeds out of her pumpkin. Collin freaked when he got any pumpkin guts on him.

Giving me their best BOO faces

We sang this song
Pumpkin, Pumpkin
Round and Fat
Turn into a Jack 0 Lantern
Just Like That!

We even roasted pumpkin seeds for the first time. Pretty Yummy! But I am not really sure if it is worth separating the seeds from the guts! I must be lazy!


Tonight ... mummy pizzas, trick-or-treating, and eating way too much candy!
happy halloween


4 comments:

Elyse Alexandria said...

You are a great photographer :)

Jess said...

Fun pics! I love Halloween because there are so many fun activities to take pics of!! They are great as always. Hey question for you - do you know how to eliminate sun flares in pics with your editing software? I posted some pics on my photo blog and I need to clean up a few of Bree's pics and don't know how!

The Nielson's said...

So cute! I love reading your blog. You always have the cutest stuff to post. Not to mention, the cutest kids to pose. Hope you had a blast on Halloween. We need to get together and do someting fun.

Tiff said...

I am always so impressed and amazed by you. You always do such fun things with your kids and your pictures are so great!! I want a cookie!!!!