Friday, October 9, 2009

fix It friday #31

[FacesFixIt.jpg]

It has been a couple of weeks since I have been able to participate in the fun of fix it friday. I was excited to get back in the game!


original photo



my edit

For my fix this week
  • I created 2 duplicate layers of the photo. On the top layer I used the blend mode of soft light and on the bottom duplicate layer I used the blend mode of screen. Both blend modes are used at around 50 % opacity.
  • Next I bumped up the saturation level especially on the blues to help his eyes pop some.
  • Then I popped his eyes some more by selecting them and using the High Pass filter in the soft light blend mode.
  • Next I lighted the photo using levels
  • And lastly I cropped and sharpened.
And WaLa! Finished. Oh and I cleaned up his face using the spot healing brush. I am glad that I am not the only one that gets pics of kids with "stuff" on their face. It seems my kids never have a clean face. Ha ha!

1 comment:

B said...

Wow! Great edit..... I didn't remember the screen blend mode. I love the very natural look to it. Stunning, but not overdone. Very nice! Glad you're back! :o)