Tuesday, September 29, 2009

San Diego Part 1

So we have been very lucky to have a vacation 2 weekends in a row. I totally felt a little bummed when we returned home from the last one because I no longer have any fun getaway to look forward to in the near or distant future. Sigh... This time our getaway was with the kids and grandma and grandpa. We had a great time.

Our first day at San Diego we spent at the beach (Everyone except grandpa and Ruby. She was so tired and needed to take a good nap back at the hotel). To say that the kids loved it would be an understatement. They had so much fun. And holy cow were they ever coated in sand. They were walking sand sculptures. Sophie wouldn't let us rinse her off at the beach side shower, so she traveled back to the hotel still completely covered in sand. Good thing we had a rental car!


The beach was so pretty and the weather was perfect. On top of this pier is hotel rooms. How fun is that? I would love to stay right on the pier. We however, did not! I so want to live near the beach. So much fun!


Sophie loved writing in the sand. Ever since she started Kindergarten she is a writing machine! The sand was her never ending notebook.




Of course they made a sandcastle




2 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

Looks like fun! Len is still gone from a thirty six hour shift, (sigh) so I am all alone! Well, not ALL alone, I am with the kids, I don't remember the last time I was ALL alone!

Jess said...

I want to go on a vacation to a beach! It looks like you guys had a blast!