Thursday, September 10, 2009

Collin Goes To Pre-School!

It was a big week for Collin. He started pre-school. This event is one that I have been having mixed emotions about. So excited for him because I know he is going to love it, a little sad for myself that my baby boy is starting school (even if it is just pre-school), and nervous that he will be sad and cry when I have to leave him.


We have talked about it for months now. We have talked about all of the fun things he will get to do at school, about how nice his teacher is going to be, about how his best friend Olivia is going to be in his class, and about how mom can't stay with him during school. He has been looking forward to the idea, but as it got closer I could sense that he was a little nervous.



I took him to a pre-school open house to meet his teacher and see his classroom the day before. He was quiet and not too sure what to do. I showed him where his cubby was, where he would hang up his backpack etc. and encouraged him to play with the toys for a few minutes. At times he got excited about a few classroom items but for the most part he was quiet and reserved . . . nervous.



The morning came and he was ready. Ready to leave the moment his clothes were on. After dropping Sophie off at her school we headed to his. As we pulled up he shouted "There's MY school!" in such an excited voice. We got out of the car, put his backpack on, and headed inside. I knew he was going to do just fine when I asked him if he wanted to hold my hand and he said "NO!" He walked right in hung up his backpack and started his morning routine that he had seen his sister do the 2 previous years. He was a pro. I kissed him goodbye and left. That was it. It was that easy. He never asked me to stay . . . not even for a little bit. There were no tears. I couldn't believe it.

When I picked him up he had had a great first day. He LOVED it. Just like I knew he would. He was ready. Welcome to school bud!

No comments: