Tuesday, August 25, 2009

For Sophie



Although the celebration is passed, today is your official birthday and I couldn't let the day pass by without telling you how much I love you. I remember very vividly the day you were born. The excitement your daddy and I had as we went to the hospital, holding you in my arms for the first time, admiring your beauty, and listening you to cry for hours and hours and hours. What a special day.

Sophie you are truly a delight in our lives. You bring us so much joy and happiness. I can't believe how fast you are growing and what a great young, young woman you are becoming. You have high hopes and dreams for yourself and I want you to always reach for those. You can do anything and be anything you put your mind to.

I love the way we can talk about things ... how flamingo's sleep, what you want to be when you grow up, what you are going to eat when you are a mom, how much you love your stuffed animals ... totally random things that mean everything to you at the time. Those conversations are priceless to me.

I love that you and Collin are best of friends. I love the way to talk to Ruby in such a sweet voice and try to teach her so many things like how to crawl. I love the way you always ask people what their dogs name is (even though you are terrified of dogs). I love the way you make friends with everyone and always seem to make a friend no matter where we are.

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl. I can't believe you are 5! We love you Sophie J. We love you so much. More than words can describe.

Love Mommy

2 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

What a cute girl! Isn't it fun to watch them grow? We are so blessed to have these little people in our lives!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday!!