Monday, July 27, 2009

Just Playing . . .

So I got a new lens for my camera and I am LOVING it! It takes great pictures with much more of the bokeh effect that I really like. I have been having a lot of fun just playing with it!



I really like this picture of Collin because his facial expression is so natural and his big eyes just speak to me. I also love it for the bokeh (blur) around him.



Collin is so proud that he has finally figured out how to show 3 fingers. He just barely figured out 2 about a month before he turned 3! All day he shows me his 3 finger pose and says that's how old I am! What a cute boy.



When I first opened up my lens Collin kept going up to the flowers in our yard and requesting that I take a picture of his smelling them. Okay . . . my kids are getting so sick of me taking their pictures so I of course jumped at the opportunity.



LOOOOVE this shot! Sophie was so good to let me do a photo shoot with her. I did a series of aperture shots. This one is shot at f1.8. She was such a good sport and sat in that position through a series of 7 shots . . . thats a lot to ask of my little 4 year old.

And . . .


one of my first shots taken completely in manual mode. I am finally getting it! After taking a class, reading books, manuals, and tutorials . . . it is coming to me. Yay! I kept telling Logan it is above my head and he kept telling me that I graduated from college with honors, I could understand how to shoot a camera in manual mode. Thanks babe! I really appreciate his encouragement and support of my new passion and hobby.



4 comments:

Tiff said...

You are getting so good! Maybe I can hire you to do a photo shoot with Caleb. I feel like I've neglected him. I have so many pictures of Olivia and only a few of my handsome boy.

Amber Jensen said...

I love what you are doing! I really need to get in touch with you. I have a lot of questions!

Jolene said...

Your pictures look great. I am glad your kids let you get some pictures of them.

Debbie said...

I think your photos are amazing, so what ever you are doing it is working. Keep it up!