Monday, June 29, 2009

Celebrating Summer: Parades

It's that time again! I can't believe it is almost July. Holy cow! With July comes parades, fireworks, BBQ's, and good times with family. The kids and I were lucky enough to go to the West Bountiful parade with my parents last weekend. I love a good parade and it is so fun to take my kids and share in their excitement of it. It was a great day for a parade and we had a lot of fun.



This is how Collin spent a great deal of the parade. He is my little sensitive guy and he was worried that every truck was going to make a LOUD noise.



Grandma and Ruby hung out in the shade together. They made a good team! Neither one of them liked being in the sun.


I love this picture. After Collin 'warmed up' to the parade he started getting down to the music. He has this move that he learned from gymnastics that he calls "shake my seat!' He puts his hands on his hips and shakes them back and forth. It is seriously the cutest thing you have ever seen. I will occasionally ask him to do it throughout the day just for a good laugh. Love that boy!
Hooray for parades! And Hooray for candy! Probably their favorite part was collecting the tons and tons of candy that was thrown our way. Seriously there was so much!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

I haven't checked out your blog forever! It looks like you have been having some great fun! I love the summer I'm so excited it's finally here. We will have to get the kids together for some swimming fun

Anna said...

We're so excited for parades too - wish we had known about that one.