Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vacation

We just returned home from a wonderful vacation.  We spent the long weekend with family, enjoying beautiful Victoria, Canada.  It couldn't have been a better trip.  Everything went so smoothly. . . we caught all of our flights, the kids were amazing (with minimal tantrums), we didn't forget anything essential.  We were surrounded by great people having a great time.  It was so fun to get away from home and grow closer to one another.

Highlights:
  • The Seattle aquarium.  Seeing the octopus being fed was amazing.  I was totally captivated.  The sea otters are still one of my favorites.  They are so cute and so much like little people.  It brought back a lot of memories of visiting the aquarium with Logan when we were dating.  So fun.




  • Pikes Market where I had the BEST and BIGGEST raspberries ever.  And where we met a balloon man and got some balloon animals.



  • Feasting at the Crab Pot.  It was yummy and fun.  They dump your food in the middle of the table and you crack the crab open with mallets.  And bibs.  Its always more fun with bibs.  The kids thought it was funny that the adults were wearing bibs!  Silly mom and dad.


  • Sighting a whale on the clipper ride to Victoria.  (otherwise this was a low light . . . I was so sick)
  • Visiting the beautiful Butchart Gardens kid free.  Logan's mom spent the day with the kids doing things they would enjoy. . . the BUG ZOO.  They loved it!  Thanks Marie.





  • Visiting a petting zoo where Sophie fell in love with a little black goat.  She wouldn't go near any other.



  • Relaxing at a park while the kids played and played and played.
  • Feeding the ducks some bread that Sophie convinced a nice lady to give us.  Okay, it didn't take much convincing.  Just a cute smile and a loud "I want to feed the ducks!"  And wala!  We have bread.



  • A night out with NO kids with Logan's sister Andrea and her husband, Jake.  It was so wonderful to eat without fighting kids.  I only had to worry about shoving bites into my own mouth!  OOooOh . . . and creme brulee!  Yummy!
  • A boat ride to Fisherman's Warf where the kids got to feed some seals.  So neat!  The seals practically ate out of your hand.  I am glad I got to experience it with them.  And I didn't even have to get my hands all slimy from the fish!



  • Not taking the clipper back home.  Yay!  I didn't have to worry about getting sick!
  • Getting home!  The vacation was awesome and so much fun, but it is always soOOoo nice to be home again and get back to my routine.    There really is no place like home.  I fear Ruby has been spoiled.  She was never put down for 5 days and now she constantly wants to be held. 
Thanks Marie for such a great time.  It was wonderful and we are glad we could all be together.

Whew!  That was a long one.

4 comments:

Tiff said...

Sounds like you had such a fun time! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy some time with family. We really do need to get together it's been forever I feel like I could go on and on. And your pictures are so wonderful. You are getting so good I'm jealous!

The Nielson's said...

That sounds so great! To get away from it all.. I'm so jealous! What is a vacation anyway? Your pics are adorable and your kids are so cute.

rebabell said...

i'm jealous! i have never been to and would love to go to the Pacific NW. SOunds like you guys packed a ton in a small amount of time. how fuN!

Jolene said...

I am glad you had a good time. That is fun that you went with family so you could also get some kid free time. I will have to remember that for future vacations.