Sunday, March 29, 2009

Zoo

For months Collin has been begging and pleading to go to the zoo.  I keep telling him we can go when it is warmer.  This weather has been so wacky lately.  One day it is sunny and beautiful and warm and the next it is snowing and freezing.  Enough already!  So on Saturday we took advantage of the sunshine and went to visit the zoo.  Collin was thrilled!  We took Grandma and Grandpa along and we all had a great time.  






Some highlights:
  • Riding the carousel
  • Seeing the elephants - Collins favorite animal at the zoo.  (We almost missed them.  Apparently, they didn't think the weather was very nice because they were all hanging out inside.)
  • Riding the train
  • Listening the Collin talk to the monkeys
  • Following Sophie and Collin around as they excitedly went from one animal to the next
  • Hearing Collin say "I had fun at the zoo!" when we got back into the car
  • Enjoying being out of the house!

3 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

Seriously, we went to the Zoo in January & ate snow cones! I am so nervous about living in the cold again. I am such a wimp now. I don't know if I can handle it! As I looked at your picture I noticed Collins coat. My kids don't even own a coat. What am I going to do?

Tiffany said...

How fun, we really need to go to the zoo before it gets too hot. You are such a fun mom!

Tiff said...

I've been dying to take Olivia to the zoo but you're exactly right this wheather drives me nuts. Looks like a fun time!