Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What are these guys talking about . . .


. . . well after recent events these Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints missionaries and this Islamic man may have more in common.

Remember the controversy over the Danish newspaper that published some cartoon images of Muhammad?  You might recall the outrage within many Islamic groups that led to a series of protests and riots.  For many the image of Muhammad is considered to be very sacred and in not to be publicly displayed.  To hear a very engaging podcast from This American Life on the image of Muhammad and the US supreme court click here.  The Big Love episode reminds me of how very much alike are all the children of God.  

Whether we like to admit it or not all of us hold on to something as sacred.  For some like us mormons it may include the ceremonies within the temple, for many the US flag, for some Islamist the image of Muhammad, and for many the right of freedom of speech is considered sacred.  

I don't expect anyone outside of my faith to consider the temple a sacred place, I only expect a little respect and courtesy for my God, the people that I love, and myself.

This post is not by 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Loved this post, and thanks for the gentle reminder that we are ALL children of the same loving God.

Jess said...

I loved all the new pics. How are you doing with three little kiddies now?